Monday, April 1, 2013

Just in time for Christmas!

Literally.

I'm pleased to announce that ChiZine Publications will be releasing my fifth book,  just in time for the holidays. And it's going to be a bit of a departure--if one can call coming home a departure.

Where previous books of mine have dipped toe in American history, espionage, Russian literature, new-age self-help doctrine and Rankin-Bass Christmas specials, the new one goes right back to my roots: mid-1980s paperback horror novels.

And this one's got everything: an evil doll; a bassinet; a mysterious stranger who has been walking the earth waiting for the doll and the bassinet to wake up and figure shit out; a creepy old caretaker who says things like 'fortnight''; and a burned-out bass player from an AC-DC cover band who crucially forgets his hearing aid when he meets with the creepy old caretaker at the huge old house he'll be renting for a fortnight, to work things out with his family.

So without further ado, may I present:
.

CZP is so excited about this new project that they let me design the cover myself. I had complete creative control: I didn't even have to find a place to put the CZP logo. In fact, Brett insisted that I not find a place for the CZP logo...

 It'll be released December 24, 2013. If I can just find someone willing to typeset and copy-edit it...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super congrats

The Russian lit part scary me though. I toook a few of those classes in college. They always acting like it was the only class you had. Here 1100 pages by Tuesday.

I also wanted to interview you in regards to Eutopia if I might. Mike Griffiths here. Fly me an email. alexbone17@aol.com

David Nickle said...

Thanks, Mike. Although I should probably come clean--the publication announcement for The Misinformed expired at noon April 1. The next book coming up is The 'Geisters, this June. It has a better cover...